Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ubiquity To the Rescue!!!

I am a computer person and I like short-cuts. I am not a command line freak that just loves typing commands instead I prefer pointing and clicking. I'm lazy. I do the lazy thing. I'll never love VI. Not true, one day our eyes will meet and it will be love but not while my mouse is so fuzzy and warm.

Ubiquity helps combine my love of pointing and clicking with command typing. I enjoy the define function. Double click a word then ctrl+space ( on Windows ) and we have that word's definition.

I liked the map command but I really wanted to be able to put in multiple addresses and get the directions to those addresses. So I created one. It can be found on my Projects Page on the Seneca Wiki.

The command does not give a preview map. I might spend some time trying to ratify that. I would like to add some window dressing to the preview section also. Pretty it up some.

I have a few ideas on how to implement a pasteBin command. In the preview page add a textbox or editable field that the user can paste code into and a button to convert to a pasteBin url. I might give it a whirl.

Back to drowning in the sea of code.......

No comments: