Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ubiquity Bug Ticket Submitted

So today I submitted my first ticket for a bug I found in Ubiquity.

I was trying to add an iframe to the preview pane in Ubiquity but it would stall or crash ubiquity. The error doesn't happen right away all the time but eventually it does happen. A restart of Firefox fixes the problem.

Problem Code

CmdUtils.CreateCommand({
name: "testIframe",
takes: {"word": noun_arb_text},
execute: function(directObj) {
},
preview: function( pblock, directObj )
{


var iframe = pblock.ownerDocument.createElement("iframe");
iframe.setAttribute("src","http://www.jslint.com");
pblock.innerHTML = "";
pblock.appendChild(iframe);
}

})
When I discovered this bug I jumped on the ubiquity channel on irc and started asking if this should be submitted as a ticket. Two people tried my code saw the problem and agreed that it should be posted as a ticket.

It was nice to have some one agree that it should be a ticket since I'm new to the process and didn't want to submit a ticket that should be submitted.

Exciting new ground for me.

No comments: