Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mozilla is feeling HOT HOT HOT!

I felt helpless when I loaded the tinderbox page seeing the winnt 5.2 boxes on fire. How was I to get the most recently working copy for the trunk so I can build?

The Problem
The last time I looked at the tree it was green so I proceeded to clone a new copy using Mercurial. Before I had finish getting a clone or right before I started, the tree was on fire. The clone I downloaded failed to build.

The Solution
After talking with Ted and Dave ( humph), on IRC, they helped me get the latest working revision. On the tinderbox page I looked at the boxes that I am running, Windows XP SP2, and I scrolled down the page until I found the green sections. In the green sections there is a rev: followed by a hex number. This green column or section represents a build that past all the tests. The rev: number is the revision in Mercurial.

I then did the following steps:
  • Get the latest changes - hg pull -u
  • Rolled back to a revision - hg up
And I was able to successfuly build firefox.

No comments: