Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Patch Review Process

I've had my patch posted for about a week and still haven't not had a review. So I decided to jump on IRC and try and ask for a review.

My Project is PGO and apparently there is only one guy who owns that sort of code, Ted Mielczarek. I sent a private message to Ted and an open message on the #maildev channel to see if I could get a review. Ted responded that he is working on his review queue and would be getting to my patch. On the #maildev channel Standard8 pointed me to Ted.

So it all rests with Ted.

I was nervous posting on IRC or messaging Ted because I still don't understand the etiquette of that sort of thing. But everyone responded nicely which makes me feel better.

This experience with IRC is helping me feel better about asking questions from people I don't know.

No comments: