Friday, December 5, 2008

Optimizing the Thunderbird Address Book - cont'd.

I am still attempting to generate some optimization data for the address book.

One Success
The address book objects were compiled with the speed optimization. I must not have been hitting any xpcom calls to the c++ code. The opening and closing of windows must have been all js and xul code.

I'm looking through the c++ code to see what functions are available. I am going to try and profile to hit these functions. I also am trying to enable speed optimizations for the entire mail.dll in the Makefile in the mail.dll directory. This might not work.

Note:
I also notice that when I turn on PGO for Thunderbird that all the modules get the default optimization which is the size optimization.

I will have to build a non-pgo build of Thunderbird to see if it makes a difference.

No comments: