Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thunderbird Testing Environment

I downloaded from Seneca a copy of Windows 2003 using the key provided to me through Seneca. On my XP machine using Virtual Box I have created a VM for win2k3.

I've been reading up and it looks like there is no real testing for Thunderbird. Currently the tinderboxes check to see if the code compiled and as long as it compiles everything is ok.

MailDev
I was chatting with some fella's and it turns out they have a few leak tests and Standard8 is working on the Tp tests ( performance startup tests ). Since I'll need some performance tests to verify my findings I'll probably be contributing those too.

Where I am!
I am trying to setup my win2k3 VM with the right patches and updates so I can duplicate the tinderboxes. I also need to install Visual 2005 with the Vista SDK and any patches mentioned on the Reference Platforms page on the Mozilla Wiki.

Next!
Start looking into enabling one module to use PGO for Thunderbird. The good stuff.


Time to put the nose to the grind.

No comments: